This Is Where I Leave You

Dramedy's are quickly becoming my favorite type of films. I love that they can make you both laugh and cry all in a span of 90 minutes. Who doesn't love to aid their emotions with some humor? A movie that really exposed my love for these types of films was This Is Where I Leave You.
Photo from KPCW.org



In my true fashion, I'm always a good year or two behind on seeing films. I remember seeing the trailer for this ages ago and wanting so badly to see it but never making it to the theater. When it finally came up in my Netflix mail list, I was pretty excited and this film definitely didn't disappoint.

It has an all star cast (I hate that phrase but it's true) my favorites being Tina Fey, Jason Bateman, and Adam Driver. They really are the heart of this film about a family forced to hold "shiva," a Jewish tradition of mourning a death (in this case their father) for a week without leaving the home.
Photo from Dorkshelf.com

The family dynamics are typical dysfunctional movie family style but these actors make it seem a little more believable. There are so many different branched off issues with different members of the family that are actual issues many families face. This was a part of the movie I loved, how relatable it was.

Overall this movie is fantastic. The cast is worth it alone to me, I would watch these people stare at paint drying, they are that entertaining. With the diverse storylines for each character though, you are bound to find one that you can relate to. I highly suggest you give it a watch, especially since Tina Fey right hooks Dax Shepherd, and who doesn't love that?

Photo from Gorgview.com
Let me know what you think of this movie in the comments below! I would love to know if you have seen it and what you thought of it! Thanks for reading! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment