Garden Variety


Essie Nail polish ranks pretty high on my nail polish love list. They have some pretty unique and beautiful colors that I find myself reaching for constantly. While I don't obsess over their seasonal releases, usually a color or two catches my eye and I add it to my ever-growing collection.

Garden Variety from their Spring 2015 was one such color. I tend to love blue hued nail colors, especially if they can be grouped in the teal family. Garden Variety checks both those boxes and has become one of my favorite colors in my collection. I love that it's not a pastel, the typical spring hue (don't get me wrong I love a good pastel!), and is a darker teal but also still quite bright on the nail.

The formula is pretty great also, you don't need more than two coats to make it completely opaque. It also doesn't stain your nails like some blue tinted polishes do! Color wise it is similar to Fly by OPI (from the Nicki Minaj Collection) but Garden Variety is a bit lighter.

Overall I love Garden Variety. It's a lovely bright teal that is different from the norm of Spring pastels. I think it's the best color out of Essie's Spring 2015 collection. Check it out next time you cross paths with a Essie stand!

Let me know in the comments what you think of this color. Are there any other spring polishes I should be trying? I would love to hear what you think! Talk to ya soon.


2 comments: