The System

Nail Polish is definitely one of my biggest vices. I own way too many, yet still continue to add more to my collection every once and a while. I used to be a big fan of the OPI by Sephora collection and was bummed when I found out it had been discontinued.
I was less than thrilled when I found they had replaced the line with their own called the Formula X line. To go from a big nail brand name to simply using their own was a huge downgrade in my mind. Boy was I mistaken though!
Please Excuse my Awful Cuticles!
I had seen quite a few good things about the line so I decided to pick up The System, their Formula X starter kick a few months ago when I popped into a Sephora. The System comes with a Nail Cleanser, Base Coat, Top Coat, and then any color from the line you wish! A mauve-grey shade called Virtuoso is the color that spoke to me. I love the freedom of being able to pick your own color rather then having them put a select few in the starter kit like many brands do.
I cannot rave enough about these nail products. The base coat and top coat are fantastic and not goopy like many others I have tried. The color range is truly fantastic with everything from the palest of pinks to the darkest of navy. 

Besides the great color range, the nail polish itself is very long wearing. It doesn't chip until the 3rd or 4th day of wear, when most other ranges chip the 2nd for me! Even after doing a sink full of dishes, the color stays in place. A lot of this can be attributed to the base and top coats, but I have tried the color on it's own and it still doesn't chip very easily. As for the cleanser, I don't quite understand it to be honest. I am least likely to purchase it but will 100% be repurchasing both base and top coat. I also hope to add more colors to my collection very soon!
Let me know in the comments below if you have tried this line and what you think! Do you have any color recommendations for me from Formula X? Thanks for reading and talk to ya soon.

4 comments:

  1. This shade looks so lovely on! I'm such a creature of habit and always stick to darker polishes - might give this a go though!

    Sharan | essehearts.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and I've warn it pretty much all winter:) You should definitely try the formula they do great darks as well!

      Delete
  2. Ooh this polish looks good! And such a nice neutral shade, I don't have anything like it.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has become one of my favorite neutral shades and I cannot rave enough about the formula!

      Delete