As If!



First things first, (we all knew that was coming) I've been behind on my blog. Something I have not been behind on however, is the so called "Kylie Jenner" lip trend. I tend to refer to it as a 90's trend lip or Cher (from Clueless) lip if you will, since they originated the trend whilst Kylie was still in diapers.

I was lucky enough to stumble across two delightful products from the drugstore that suffice my 90's nude lip needs. For starters I line my lip with the Rimmel London Lasting Finish 10,000 Kisses Lip Liner (maybe the longest product name ever...) in Mauve Shimmer. It's the perfect liner for this look and is similar to the much sought after Mac Whirl lip liner. Sometimes I simply wear this lip liner alone if I'm in a hurry. It applies smoothly and lasts quite a while.

To top the look off I have the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Rose Velvet. These lipsticks are super creamy, last all day and are by far my favorite in the drugstore. The color Rose Velvet is a bit more brown toned than Mac's Velvet Teddy (which Kylie rumors to use for her look) but I think is rather suiting to all skin tones.

Two products and one throwback lip look brings us to a major makeup trend. I've been using these products for a few months and am glad to see the 90's lip trend does not seem to have a end in sight. Usually I sway from makeup that is outside my comfort zone and was hesitant at first to wear such a earthy lip. However it is one of my favorite looks I constantly seem to return to!

Let me know what you think of the Kylie Jenner/90's Lip in the comments below! Also let me know what products you use to achieve your look! Talk to ya soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment